Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thank you.

I was hoping for more of a response after my big social media push last night. That being said I'm still very grateful for mom and Sue, the first two initial donors. They also shared my FaceBook post asking for support. Thank you both. I'd also like to thank Tim, Jorge, and Matthew for retweeting my twitter message asking for support. Matthew even came up with his own tweet encouraging others to help out.

I really appreciate the help from you all.

I'm going to have to come up with something else though as this is not nearly enough to fund the mission.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

I was talking to someone today about all this and she mentioned, this is not the economic climate to be asking people for support. Maybe she's right. I wonder if God cares about the economic climate when it comes to reaching out to people in need and sharing the gospel.

I just got paid today. Tomorrow when I figure out my bills, I'll make as big of a contribution as possible to the trip. I've got to come up with close to $1800 by June 15th (I think) and I'm a bit nervous but I'm placing my faith in God that he'll work this all out.

One thing I must remember: just as important as raising enough support to make this trip a reality, I need to be praying - everyone needs to be praying that God lays the foundation now for what our team will do in India when we go. It's easy though to focus on the wrong things and I don't want to make that mistake.