Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Woot woot!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our first $100 donor! Aaron, because of your support, you get access to the daily video updates during the mission trip, a DVD with the final video showcasing the entire mission trip, and an origami box of your choosing (once I get the origami super store up - coming soon) with a hand chosen souvenir from India for you to keep in said box. And since I know you, I'll be sure to pick out something you'll appreciate.

I'm very encouraged that people are giving. As June gets closer, I'll count the money in my piggy bank and make the deposit to the mission trip fund, and as I get paid I'll also continue to give as I'm able. There will also be a few fundraisers coming up (hopefully Salsa night and maybe a bake sale and definitely a portrait fundraiser) so keep your eyes peeled.

I do so look forward to the day when the focus of this blog can shift from raising money to the actual mission trip. This really is uncomfortable for me.

I know the level of material wealth in India is pale in comparison to what we here in the States are used to. I really feel like we as American Christians can gain some much needed insight by seeing what Indian Christians make due with and their perspective and attitude about it all.

Finally, please keep all aspects of this mission trip in your prayers. From fundraising, to laying the groundwork, to the continued effort to keep God first in every aspect of this trip.